Effective 1 July 2004
Our commitment to your privacy
The privacy of individuals, including our customers and clients, is of utmost importance to Melbourne City Florist. This includes information about you that we collect and record which reasonably could be used to identify you. We adhere to the National Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act 1988. This document sets out our policies for managing personal information across our ticketing businesses operating in Australia.
Types of personal information we collect
When dealing with our customers and clients we generally collect your name, address, telephone number, email addresses and other contact details. We generally do not collect sensitive information without your consent.
Why we collect personal information
Generally, we collect, update and use personal information about you to carry on our business, including: to process your purchases and to carry out transactions you wish to make;
- to provide requested services to you, and bill you for our services and collect payments;
- for our research and development of new products and services;
- for training, quality control and verification purposes (including monitoring and recording your telephone conversations with us from time to time);
- to communicate our, a related company's or a third party's marketing offers to you, generally via newsletters - when making the offer we will let you know how you may stop receiving any further marketing offers. Where another organisation outside of Melbourne City Floristand its related companies is involved in the offer, we do not give information about you to that organisation; and
- to meet our legal obligations.
How we collect information
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you, such as when you apply for or request a product or service, when you participate in our call centre marketing campaigns, competitions or surveys, in response to our advertising or direct mail or when you have other dealings with us. We may collect that information over the telephone or Internet, in person (when you visit us at our shop or office or through an agent) and when you write to us.
How we store information
We store personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper based files and other records. We have taken a number of steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use generally accepted technology and security so that we are satisfied that your information is transmitted safely to us through the Internet or other electronic means. We will take reasonable steps to securely destroy information when we no longer need it.
Our web sites use a session-based cookie to store an identifier for your current session. This allows us to track your order information until you are ready to purchase. When you finish your session the cookie is destroyed. If you choose to register or remember my details, then your user name and password will be written to your hard disk in a local cookie, so allowing the automatic login whenever you visit the website. This information cannot be read by anyone unless they have access to your machine.
When we may disclose your personal information
Generally, we may disclose personal information about you in the following circumstances:
- where we have contracted an external organisation to provide us with support services. This may include but is not limited to processing applications or orders, marketing support, deliveries, market research and debt collection. These service providers may be within or outside Australia;
- to comply with our legal obligations (we notify you any time we are required to produce information in this way unless we are prohibited by court order or law or there is suspicion of fraud and/or criminal activity).
We impose strict requirements of security and confidentiality on all third parties as to how they handle personal information. We provide our outside contractors only with information they need to perform their services - they are not permitted to use the information for any purpose except to provide the service to us. The Privacy Act also strictly controls the information we exchange with credit reporting agencies.
Keeping us up-to-date
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If your personal details change, such as your telephone number or billing address, please contact us so that we can continue to provide you with our products and services.
You can access your personal information
Following a request, we will provide you with a copy of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act. We may charge a fee for retrieving this information (we will inform you of the fee before providing the information). Please note that there are some circumstances set out in the Privacy Act where we may refuse your request. We will promptly acknowledge and investigate any complaints about the way we manage personal information.
Melbourne City Florist
Level 12, 390 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne , Australia 3004